The Rivers Secondary College, Lismore High Campus logo

The Rivers Secondary College, Lismore High Campus

The Rivers Secondary College, Lismore High Campus

Success with Pride

Telephone02 6621 5185


Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

If you live in our intake area and would like to apply to enrol at our school, start by submitting an online enrolment application. Online enrolment is currently only available for Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.

If you are not able to apply online or you prefer not to, download the paper application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

Online enrolment can also be used for out-of-area enrolment. Please note that out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

Enrolment applications are finalised at the school.

For more information, visit sTpe school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

How to enrol - Year 6 into Year 7

In NSW government schools, applying to move from primary school to high school is a 2-step process that starts with an Expression of Interest. Visit the moving to high school page to learn more about the process.

  • If you have received an offer from our school for placement into Year 7 next year, the next step is to visit online enrolment to proceed with the offer and complete the enrolment application.
  • If you did not submit an expression of interest or are not eligible, visit online enrolment to start a new application to our school.
  • If you submitted your expression of interest using a paper form, or would prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form.

Moving to high school

Visit the moving to high school page to find out more about the transition of year 6 students into year 7.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.

Enrolment Enquiries

Enrolment enquiries should be made through the Administration Office between the hours of 8:30am and 3:30pm.

An information sheet must be completed before an interview can be held. Please bring previous school reports, academic transcripts or records of school to this meeting to assist with appropriate class placements.

In most instances interviews will be held with the Principal: Mr Chris Williams.

Here is The Rivers Secondary College Enrolment Policy

Enrolment Procedures

The Department of Education and the school have very clear enrolment policies that explain all necessary procedures. Lismore High Campus has defined enrolment zones. The Administration office staff can tell you if you are within zone.

Enrolment forms are available at the school administration office.

Depending on the history and learning needs of the student at previous schools, the application may move to the learning support team who will determine if additional support is required. If no additional support is required, an interview will be scheduled with the Principal. If assistance is required, specialist support staff may attend the enrolment interview.

Parents and Student Proof of Residency

An applicant for enrolment must prove that they are living within the zone for Lismore High Campus. This may require information such as rental documents, drivers licence or other documentation to prove that the student resides at that address. This may include the supplying of a statutory declaration. If it is determined that false information has been provided the student may have their enrolment withdrawn.

Out of Zone Applications

Public school principals are required to follow departmental policy. This is because they must ensure that all eligible in-area students wishing to attend their local school are able to do so. Depending on resources, some schools may be able to accept additional students from outside their enrolment area at the discretion of the school's enrolment panel. Applications for non-local (out-of-area) enrolments are considered using a range of criteria, including the availability of appropriate staff and classroom accommodation. Where there is no accommodation for an out of area student they may be placed on a waiting list.

Once an application for enrolment has been received, the out-of-area panel will meet to review any out-of- area applications. If the applicant is within zone, the former school is contacted to collect information.

Support Unit Applications

Applications for enrolment in the support unit are not handled by the school. The school, where the student is currently, must put in an Access Request application. If the student is not currently enrolled in a NSW Government school, they will need to contact the regional office student services team to lodge an application. Enrolment in the support unit is determined by the regional placement panel.